Thursday 20 January 2011

My first granny squares!

About this time last year a friend sent me a link to a blog called Attic 24.  It's well worth a visit if you like crochet or crafts of any kind.  Even if you don't, have a look anyway because it's a beautifully written blog full of stunning photography and engaging posts.

I was immediately drawn to a step-by-step tutorial of  how to crochet lovely summer garden flower squares.  The instructions were so well written that even a novice like me could follow them, and after a few weeks I ended up with my very first blanket (pictured).


Well, I say "ended up"...it's not actually finished yet. I have to finish the edging at some point.  I feel this may be a recurring theme to most of my crochet as both my blankets require "some finishing"... 

No comments:

Post a Comment