Sunday 1 May 2011

Make-it-up-as-you-go-along blanket

I've just come to the end of another project - which is a small blanket that I've made up as I went along.  I had a huge stash of wool and didn't really want another big afghan, and didn't have a clear idea of what I wanted to make, so decided to do some squares and see what I ended up with.

These are the initial squares...........................



Which I joined together into blocks of 4.........................


I ended up with four blocks of 4, which I joined together in pairs, and gave granny edges to.  Here's one of them.........................


Then I joined the sets of blocks up and gave the whole thing a quick edging, and voila - a nice, bright chunky square blanket.....




Here it is on my chair,and joining my little boy for a quick snuggle...............................








1 comment: