Thursday 16 June 2011

Summer Bag

The first item completed on Project: Seventeen Balls is this gorgeous summer bag.  Made up of 16 solid granny squares in assorted colours, which are joined together to create a stunning pattern, I really love it.

It did take me quite a while because it meant following a written pattern (not my forte!), and with respect to the designer, there was a slight error in the English language version, but I got there in the end, and the result was well worth it.

If you fancy making your own, you can find the pattern here.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job! Did you line it with anything? We've been lining ours with old sweaters to add another dynamic... as well as helps it to be more sturdy... LOVELY

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I haven't but it DOES need lining! That's a really good idea - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete